Whether it’s a diamond stud or the classic old style, earrings have always been one of the favorite accessories for both men and women. It is a conversation starter for many onlookers. But the ones with sensitive ears often find it challenging to get the right pair for their daily use. If you are struggling to find the best diamond earring for sensitive ears, this article can be a savior for you.
But first, let’s get an introduction to what happens to people with sensitive ears. Generally, the ones with sensitive ears often experience allergic reactions to different types of earrings. Such reactions include rashes, itching, redness, skin swelling, and dry patches. Such scenarios cause a lot of discomfort, forcing many women to skip often wearing these accessories daily.
So, is there no solution? There are plenty of options to consider when finding allergy-free earrings. How? First, one needs to look for brands or jewelry made for sensitive ears. These are also branded as hypoallergenic jewelry. Technically, that means these are all made from pure metals that might not cause any reactions or such allergies to the skin. So, the question comes down to which is the best metal for your sensitive ears. It is none other than hypoallergenic gold.
A Brief About Hypoallergenic Earrings
Did you know that the earlobes, like our eyelids, have the thinnest skin? No wonder the ears are always prone to skin irritation. However, to control that, there is the availability of hypoallergenic earrings, which can cause fewer reactions when used for prolonged periods. However, if you notice, these earrings cannot completely eliminate the possibility of such reactions but can somewhat minimize the occurrences. That is why it is always advisable to try and test the metals before purchasing them for future purposes.
Some of the metals that tend to cause more reactions include:
· Brass, a mix of copper and zinc and a lower-grade base metal is often known for causing such allergies.
· Nickel is also metal to be avoided if you have sensitive skin.
· Affordable jewelry is often made from lead, zinc, or tin, which are low-melting temperature metals and can cause harmful effects on the human skin.
Best Hypoallergenic Options for Sensitive Ears
Before diving into this topic, one thing to understand here is that there is nothing like 100% gold or silver jewelry, as these are very soft and cannot be worn just like that. However, jewelers tend to mix a lot of other metals with gold or silver to create masterpieces. In that respect, one needs to be clear about the metals combined with the gold or silver that might be harmful to their sensitive skin.
Gold is one of the best options when it comes to selecting a hypoallergenic metal. If you are looking for diamond earrings, get them made with pure gold and high karats. 10k gold is around 42 percent gold, and the rest is made from other metals. However, it is the gold of the lowest purity. Hence always check before making your jewelry with gold if you want it for your sensitive skin.
Also, some people might want to opt for gold-plated jewelry, but it might not always be the best option for your skin. If you prefer such gold-plated earrings, opt for metals other than the ones mentioned above, which can be harmful to sensitive skin. Keep in mind that white gold is made with nickel and hence opt for the yellow ones rather than the rose or white gold.
It might be a shocker here, but stainless steel is a hypoallergenic metal. It is made with steel, chromium, and nickel. Since the amount of nickel varies greatly here, get it checked before opting for this metal.
An exceptional choice for your sensitive ears, titanium can be a go-to option for both styles as well as comfort. It doesn’t cause any rashes or reactions and is always preferred for preparing medical implants and equipment. So, titanium can be one of the best options for people with sensitive skin.
Diamonds made with platinum are the best for those looking for a royal classy look. It is also the best option for those with sensitive skin as this is a hypoallergenic metal with a non-reactive nature. Due to its high purity, it can be the best jewelry option to avoid any reactions.
Can You Wear Hypoallergenic Earrings Throughout The Day?
If you have sensitive skin, always avoid wearing anything for prolonged hours. Even for those earrings, the skin can get irritated easily as most metals tend to be coated with other materials, which can come off quickly with daily usage.
Generally, the metal underneath might not be suitable for your skin, and in such cases, immediately stop wearing such accessories to avoid infections. Also, do not forget to consult a physician or a skin specialist in case of severity.
Some Common Designs to Wear Everyday!
If you want to look chic daily without compromising your sensitive ears, here are some common designs that can sit well with your diamonds!
· Small hoop earrings are often considered to be classy yet modern ones, which are made in gold and with a few precious diamonds scattered all over. It is an ideal design to wear daily to your work or meetings and goes well with almost all outfits.
· Diamond studs made with gold or platinum can be the simplistic accessory design that can help you to make a strong style statement adding a little more personality to your overall look.
· If the simple and sophisticated look is on your mind, get the rhodium-plated sterling silver star hoop designs. These are made with a mix of silver and copper while they remain coated with rhodium which is hypoallergenic. Rhodium adds a little more shine to these designs, which sit well with your overall look and personality.
· If you love the look of hoops but not their overall feel, you might opt for those gold Huggies, which are incredibly light on your earlobes. With the two-tone Huggies, the internal brass remains coated with gold, while the rhodium coating ensures absolute comfort for daily wear.
So, these are a few alternatives to wear to work or anywhere if you are battling sensitive ears. However, keep in mind that next time you choose an earring design, ensure to get a little more knowledge about the materials used for preparing the same. Always skip the ones that are harsh on the skin and opt for the gold and diamond options with rhodium or titanium coating.